To keep your heart healthy and live, first, you have to stay away from the bad habits which cause you heart disease. Basically, heart disease is the principal cause of death for men and women, both in the highly developed country, United States. Here we are suggesting some points to lower the risk of heart disease.
To prevent your heart from disease, you can:
- Eat healthily
- Become Active
- Reduce your weight and stay healthy
- leave smoking and stay away from secondhand smoke.
- Try to control your cholesterol and blood pressure.
- Stop consuming alcohol frequently
- Don’t take stress or manage the level of stress.
The Risk Of Heart Disease increases with the below activities
As we’re living in the age of eating, traveling, working, and enjoying the surroundings. These things lead us to ignore the healthy lifestyle regime to keep the heart healthy and fit. People are quite busy meeting their daily goals which sometimes becomes the reason to not follow a healthy routine. How to get to know if you are at risk for heart disease? Since you’re at higher risk of heart disease if you:
- Developing smoking habits
- If you’re going through a high level of cholesterol or high blood pressure
- If you’re overweight or fat
- Don’t give your body enough level of physical activity
- Don’t eat a healthy diet
Meanwhile, your age and generation- family history also make an impact on your heart. Your risk of heart disease is higher if:
- You’re a woman with 55+ age
- You’re a man with over 45 age
- Your father and elder brother had heart disease before the age of 55
- And your mother and sister had heart disease before crossing the age of 65.
What Is Heart Disease?
When people talk about heart disease, they simply mean coronary heart disease (CHD). It’s also called coronary artery disease (CAD). This is one of the most common types of heart disease.
If someone is going through CHD, the coronary arteries that take the blood to the heart become narrow or blocked. This occurs due to cholesterol and fatty material, called plaque, grow up inside the arteries.
Plaque is caused by:
- High fat and cholesterol in your blood
- Highly blood pressure
- Diabetes, too much sugar in the blood
When plaque prevents the artery, then it’s hard for blood to flow to the heart. A blocked artery can give rise to chest pain or a heart attack. But the good news is here that you can follow the things suggested on the internet to keep your heart alive long.
American heart diet – Meal Plan
The American Heart Association (AHA) announces the dietary and lifestyle recommendations for general heart health. These recommendations by AHA are for healthy adults and children with older that age 2. As well as people who already have health-related problems such as coronary artery disease, diabetes, metabolic syndrome or heart failure.
The AHA recommends you that:
- The fruits and vegetables include- Dark Green, deep orange, and yellow fruits. Vegetables are particularly nutritious in nature. Eat spinach, carrots, peaches, and berries.
- Eat grain products every day. It includes whole grains, oats, wheat bread, and brown rice.
- Eat fish at least twice a day. Oily fish contains omega-3 fatty acids which are best for your heart. These fishes include types: Tuna, Salmon, Mackerel, Lake Trout, Herring, and Sardines.
- Increase the level of activities that reduce the calories.
- Read food labels and restrict the amount of trans fat you consume. The type of fat increases the level of LDL.
- End sodium. Most people eat or consume sodium more than they need. Try not to do that. For good health, sodium is good in less quantity.
- Restrict alcohol intake with 2 drinks a day for men and 1 drink is good for women.
- Reduces the level of sugar in your drinks and foods.
- When you’re eating outside or away from home, then try not to follow an unhealthy diet in your daily eating routine.
20 Foods that can save your heart
Avoiding unhealthy food and diet will lead you to the right food chart that includes below food categories:
- Black Beans: Their fiber helps to control your cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
- Red Wine: Resveratrol and catechins, also two antioxidants in red wine may protect the artery walls. Alcohol may also boost HDL.
- Salmon: Super Food: It is rich in Omega-3s, which is a top food for a healthy heart
- Tuna for Omega 3s
- Olive Oil: It’s rich in heart-friendly antioxidants.
- Walnuts: It lowers your cholesterol
- Almonds: Almonds may help you to lower down the bad LDL cholesterol.
- Edamame: It is a Japanese word for soybeans. Soy protein can help you lower your cholesterol level.
- Tofu: Eat tofu, so that you’ll get a great form of vegetarian soy protein with fiber and polyunsaturated fats.
- Sweet Potatoes: They have fiber, vitamin A and lycopene.
- Oranges: It helps to control your blood pressure
- Swiss Chard: Swiss chard also contains heart-healthy fiber, antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin and Vitamin A
- Barley: The fiber in Barley helps to control your cholesterol level
- Oatmeal: Oats’ fiber helps in lowering down the cholesterol
- Flaxseed: Flaxseed has three things that are good for your heart: Omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, phytochemicals, and lignans.
- Low Fat Yogurt: These foods can help you to control high blood pressure and yogurt is high in calcium and potassium
- Foods Fortified With Sterols: It will lower LDL levels by 10% without disturbing with good cholesterol.
- Cherries: All are packed with antioxidants known as anthocyanins
- Blueberries: Blueberries are simply extraordinary when it comes to nutrition.
How to control cholesterol and blood pressure
To keep your heart healthy and fit, keep the below points in your mind:
- Eat heart-healthy foods
- Increase your physical activity and do exercise on most of the days of the week
- Quit smoking
- Reduce weight
- Drink alcohol on alternate days
How To Get More Exercise
If you’re unable to spare time for hardcore exercise like Gym and Zumba they do follow the below points religiously:
- Take Your Kid (If you’re a father or mother ) for a Walk
- Be in a walking motion while talking with others
- Ditch the car and travel the nearby places with your feet
- Take the stairs and avoid using the lift and escalator