Nutrient Balance – Nutrients help in enhancing athletic performance. Taking proper nutrition along with an active lifestyle and training routine, can boost performance and can stay healthy.
Taking a balanced diet can help provide the energy you need to end a race, or in ending a casual sport or activity. You would feel tired and perform poorly during activity when you do not get enough nutrients :
- Vitamins, and other minerals
Nutrient Balance is a topic that is changing constantly and has emerged as a dynamic field of clinical study and experiments. Researchers continue to advise improved guidelines for nutrients and support for active adults and as well as for competitive athletes.
Science acknowledges fitness nutrition and energy intake as the “foundation of an individual’s diet and key to performance.”
What is Sports Nutrition?
Sports nutrition is the base for the success of an athlete and that base should be very strong and well structured. For best performance, active adults or athletes require a well-designed nutrition plan.
Because that plan supplies the right food which is required, energy, nutrients, and fluids to keep the body well functioning at peak levels and hydrated also. A well-designed nutrition plan always varies day to day, depending on the energy demands of that particular day.
Sports nutrition varies with each person and is planned according to individual goals, lifestyle, and especially according to the sport or activity that individual is associated with.
Basics of Sports Nutrition – Nutrient Balance
- Carbohydrates (Carbs): Intake of Carbohydrates is for providing energy during exercise or sport or activity. Carbohydrates are generally stored in the muscles and liver. Carbohydrates are of 2 types i.e Complex Carbs and Simple Sugars.
Complex carbs are found in bread, rice, pasta, etc. These provide energy, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. These foods have fat in lesser amounts. While on other hand, Simple sugar is commonly found in soft drinks, jellies, juices, etc which have lesser vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients but have reasonably high amounts of fat.
The total amount of carbohydrates consumed in a day matters a lot. Because studies have shown that half of the total number of calories should come from carbohydrates because Carbs provide energy to do all the daily tasks.
The Digestive system breaks down carbs into glucose or blood sugar which provides energy to cells, tissues, and organs.
- Protein: Proteins are built of a chain of amino acids and are important to every cell of the human body. Protein is considered either to be complete or incomplete.
All the amino acids needed by the body are found to be in Complete protein and found in animal sources like meat, fish, poultry, and milk.
Plant-based proteins lie in the category of incomplete protein which often lacks the essential amino acids which are useful for the body. Essential amino acids aren’t formed naturally in the body and so these proteins can be only transferred through food. Muscle growth and recovery are only possible through the help of protein.
- Fats: Fats are said to be either saturated or unsaturated, and these play a significant role in the functioning of the human body.
Unsaturated fats are said to be healthy fats and can be consumed from plant sources like olive oil, nuts, etc.
Saturated fats can be included by the intake of animal products like red meats and high-fat dairy, and consumption of these fats increases the risk of diseases. Healthy fats provide us with energy, help in body development, protect our main organs, and helps in maintaining cell membranes.
Online Sports Nutrition Certification and Courses In United States
By researching, we have found these 6 courses and certifications which are in high demand in the United States
- International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA) Nutrition Certification: It is one of the best overall approaches to nutrition coaching, this nutrition program offered by the ISSA (International Sports Sciences Association) is certainly one of the best available. ISSA often provides this free of cost if you’ll opt for their personal training certification course.
- This certification will teach you everything about nutrition which you should know and this will make a huge impact in a person’s life whether that person will succeed or get failed in achieving his/her goals in terms of fitness or health.
- National Council on Strength and Fitness (NCSF) Sports Nutrition Specialist: Now, have a look at the Sports Nutrition certification offered by NCSF (National Council on Strength and Fitness).
- This Fitness & Sports Nutrition specialist certification is targeted at Personal Trainers who are trying to enter the Nutrition field. This can be done in a time period of 2-4 months (depends on how much time you’re dedicating to it). On completion, you can help your clients in changing their diet, in the timings of food & fluid intake. And this will lead to increased performance of your client.
- This course has 16 modules and will help you in many ways like weight loss diet, sports supplements, weight gain diet, and other desired diet charts.
- American Fitness Professionals and Associates (AFPA) Sports Nutrition Certification: Now, there is another certification which is offered by AFPA (American Fitness Professionals and Associates). According to AFPA “ their sports nutrition certification is for personal trainers, group fitness instructors, strength coaches and freshers in the fitness industry and for other positions also, experienced fitness professionals or knowledge seekers trying to learn more about nutrition.
- AFPA says it is the perfect way for persons in all these positions to understand how fitness and nutrition can affect their clients and can help in achieving the desired goals.
- National Exercise and Sports Trainers Association (NESTA) Fitness Nutrition Coach: And next on our list is the Fitness Nutrition Certification (Nutrient Balance) course offered by NESTA (National Exercise and Sports Trainers Association).
- NESTA says that this course is aimed at Personal trainers willing to add the nutritional aspect to their knowledge armory although it can be taken up by anyone whether health coaches or group fitness exercise leaders or dieticians or wellness coaches.
- This course provides all the information required to help the clients like nutritional concepts for elders, pregnant ladies, diabetic patients, athletes, or people willing to lose weight.
- National Sports Performance Association (NSPA) Sports Nutrition Coach: Beneficiary will be personal trainers, athletics trainers, coaches, and the rest of other fitness professionals also, this Sports Nutrition Coach certification from the NSPA (National Sports Performance Association) is a very short course in comparison to the others we have described. In fact, and it takes just a week to complete. Aims primarily at coaches and trainers mentoring the athletes, this certification course looks at the role of nutrition in improving the overall performance of the athletes. And also about developing effective nutritional principles that will bring changes. It also aims at the key role that sports supplements can play in the nutritional diet. Many athletes use sports supplements but not as effective as they could be used.
- International Society of Sports Nutrition (ISSN) Sports Nutrition Specialist: And here comes the course which is absolutely free as ISSN is a non-profit organization which got established in 2003. This course is offered as an introduction to the world of sports nutrition. And the most interesting point is “This course is for every fitness enthusiast. It is not compulsory that you should belong to the fitness industry.”
Top Sports Nutrition Manufacturers – Nutrient Balance In USA 2021
Here, we have researched the top 10 sports nutrition manufacturers in the USA and also mentioned their best products. The list is as follows
Maximum Human Performance (MHP)
Best Product: Secretagogue-One
Best Product: “Animal” Product Line
Best Product: CytoGainer
Best Product: Superpump Max
Best Product: Lipo-6x
ProSource Performance Products
Best Product: Creatine Monohydrate
Best Product: Hydroxycut Hardcore Pro Series
Best Product: Gold Standard Whey
Bio-Engineered Supplements & Nutrition (BSN)
Best Product: N.O. Xplode 2.0
Best Product: Lean Body Hi-Protein Replacement
Sports Nutrition Diet Plan
We have discussed a lot about sports nutrition but let us discuss the diet required for it. Because daily training and the body requires recovery and the best option for recovery is a comprehensive diet plan.
Let see, the energy is given per gram of macronutrients.
Now, let’s see the plan for a nutritious diet.
|Oatmeal||Whole eggs ( whites and yolk)||Avocado|
|Starchy vegetables (sweet/white potatoes, squash)||Milk||Nuts and seeds|
|Non-starchy vegetables (broccoli, leafy greens)||String cheese||Olive Oil|
|Whole-grain bread||Lean Red Meats||Coconut Oil|
|High-fiber, non-sugary cereals||Poultry||Flaxseed (add to baking or cooking)|
- For keeping the body hydrated, one should drink 3-5 liters of water daily and 1-2 liters of water during the training.
- The average daily calories required for a male range from 2400-3000 kcal and for a female, it ranges from 2200-2700 kcal.
Why is Nutrition important in Sports? – Nutrient Balance
Nutrition is important in sports because it provides the energy required to perform physical activity. The food we take impacts our strength, training, performance, and recovery.
What are the best nutrition supplements In the US?
We have answered this in the subheading titled Top sports nutrition manufacturers in the US. We have mentioned the companies along with the best product they manufacture.
Why do Athletes need more Nutrition?
The answer is pretty simple, the athletes train themselves and perform more physical activities than the normal human being because of which the athletes require more nutrition.